Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Its been to long

Well here's the dilly, this blog originally started off as a safe home for me to write short battle reports based on my Warhammer Dark Elves. Needless to say, the WHFB at my local gameing store lasted about as long as the 3 battle reports I did. For some reason my local gaming store has ADHD, I dont know how its possible or contagous for that matter but it sure is. I guess it wouldnt be right if I didnt mention that ALSO in between halting WHFB, SQUIRREL!! and our current project, which Ill get to in a hot minute, was the 1850 tourney we had in June/July time frame. Its been that long and Im trying to piece the puzzel together and trust me I have the memory of a four year old so its not easy. Yes I did place in the tourney... what 7th or 8th is a place. It was fun, I learned alot and am excited to get into another tourney.

As if this catch up post couldnt be more disjointed Ill kindly move on to the game shops next endevour which was a really cool game called Malafaux by WYRD. Holy shiznizzle our shop was uber excited to get into this scirmish game. Very cool concept, sweet miniatures, this game rocked. There was a slight hold up on recieving the models and playing cards in the begining due to the high demand from both the distributors and from WYRD itself, just show's how this game exploded onto the scene. But still, the game concept revolves around information cards about each individual model and instead of rolling dice you used playing cards, yes, like playing cards for poker. Matter of fact there were direct conversions so you could use playing cards until you could get your own set of Malafaux cards. I was personally very excited about this game becuase, well lets just say Im not what you would call a strong painter, and the idea of painting individual models is much more appealing then painting squads of models. I even got a few of them painted, which ill post a touch later, then you'll never guess what happened, SQUIRREL!!!

Yea, thats right the ADHD fairy struck again with a new idea, speaking of, the idea came from Shannon and Lewis and I actually have to admit it really is a cool idea, that since a couple of the vet's that play 40k couldnt seem to either A:make up their mind which army to play (Shannon) or B:pick an army and stick with it (Brent) the idea would be to disclude up to 2 armies out of 40k, roll the dice and see what army you are going to play. That being said, all the armies of 40k were reresented by being numbered so that when you rolled the dice you would find out what army you were going to play. Shannon rolled up IG and Brent rolled up Deamons, oh and I got really lucky and some how rolled Eldar, great news for me as I was collecting that army anyway, just never played em. Well its closing in on time to goto work so Ill continue my rambeling later and finish getting caught up, posting some older pics on some of my Tyranid, Malafaux and my current project Eldar, cant decide on a name yet, was thinking Storm Lions for my armies name, either way I think Ill continue to use this blog, if for no other reason to stay in touch with Gauths and Strictly Average's blog.

1 comment:

  1. We'll get back to Fantasy at some point; I haven't given up on it yet.

    ReplyDelete